Here is our group's stand alone professional development tutorial:
What
tool did your group use to deliver the PD tutorial? Why?
Our group decided to use VoiceThread to deliver the PD tutorial. We
started our project by sharing a PowerPoint Presentation on Googledocs, and
VoiceThread is a tool that can be easily used together with our project/presentation.
VoiceThread also allows us to individually add our explanations and comments to
the slides we created. Personally, I have never used VoiceThread before working
on this project, but have heard of the tool. I was excited to explore and to
try using it. It turned out to be relatively easy to use and very effective in
the kind of on-line group work that we were doing.
What
did you learn during the development process of the final product?
The one thing that was clear was how easy technology made it
possible for the four of us to work collaboratively and create a project
together. This was really amazing! Edmodo was a new resource for most of us. I
had, in fact, never even heard of it. We divided the sections equally between
the four of us and each person was responsible for creating the presentation
slides of the topics that we were presenting. The PowerPoint Presentation was
then delivered using VoiceThread. Another thing I learned is how easily the PD
tutorial of a relatively good quality was created when the four of us worked
together. If I were to create something like this on my own, it would have
taken me many, many more hours than the total amount of time the four of spent
on this. This is the power of collaborative work and technology.
What
would you do differently if you had to develop a similar product again?
Overall, I think we all did a
great job with this project. If I had to do this again, maybe I would have
liked to explore Prezi , Jing, and/or some form of video or screencast to see
if there was another way to present the project. The aspect that I felt we
could improve on was to find a way in which we could demonstrate how to use the
tool “live.” For example, when I was doing my slides on “Grades”, I could be
clicking with my mouse to demonstrate what I was saying in the slide.
No comments:
Post a Comment