In this blog I have used the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Guidelines-Educator Checklist to identify the features and barriers in my previously created lesson plan. The Universal Design for Learning addresses three main parts: Representation, Action and Expression, and Engagement. It is a framework that attempts to reach all students who come from a variety of backgrounds, strengths, and weaknesses. My assignment was to closely evaluate my lesson plan against the UDL checklist and clearly state whether each checkpoint is a "Feature" or a "Barrier" in the lesson.
The checkpoints that are labeled "Feature" are areas where I think my lesson plan has excelled in or, at least, has addressed the idea, and the checkpoints that are labeled "Barriers" are areas that I would need to consider revising. Overall, I think my areas of "Features" and "Barriers" are quite evenly spread out. In checkpoint 5 (Provide options for expressive skills and fluency), I seemed to have excelled with only "Features." This assignment has been very well worth my time. It is rare that we have an opportunity to reflect on our lesson planning with such clear and well-defined guidelines. I am really looking forward to revising my original plan with the notes and ideas from the UDL Guidelines-Educator Checklist. Below are my notes:
The checkpoints that are labeled "Feature" are areas where I think my lesson plan has excelled in or, at least, has addressed the idea, and the checkpoints that are labeled "Barriers" are areas that I would need to consider revising. Overall, I think my areas of "Features" and "Barriers" are quite evenly spread out. In checkpoint 5 (Provide options for expressive skills and fluency), I seemed to have excelled with only "Features." This assignment has been very well worth my time. It is rare that we have an opportunity to reflect on our lesson planning with such clear and well-defined guidelines. I am really looking forward to revising my original plan with the notes and ideas from the UDL Guidelines-Educator Checklist. Below are my notes:



No comments:
Post a Comment