Wednesday, April 6, 2011

PC Maintenance and Security Workshop

I selected the following three tutorials since these were the topics that I know and/or understand the least about: Introduction, Organizing Your Computer, and Protecting Your Family.

From the tutorials in the Introduction, I will definitely share that disorganization does not only cause inefficiency but also actual problems with the computer. I liked the term "careless computing," and was quite surprised to learn that 100-5000 Spyware components can be found on a system with no security. After watching the tutorials from Organizing Your Computer, I plan to share the way to customize the toolbar as well as how to select the frequently used toolbar buttons and reorder them to better suit individual needs. I was surprised to learn how easy it is to quickly launch the toolbar! The tutorials from the Protecting Your Family Online section is a must see for all computer users. I will definitely share the way to clean our history and the way to control preferences online. I was surprised to learn that the process of protecting ourselves and our children online is actually not very difficult to do, and it can be very effective.

Overall these tutorials are worth watching and very easy to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you found this so useful! There are some great tips here.

    ReplyDelete