I am using paper and pencil to organize my process. I may switch to a software once I come across one that would work for me. Overall, I am more comfortable with paper and pencil at this point.
I actually already do the Collecting process. I have "inboxes" in my classroom as well as at home even though that is not what I called them. I like the idea of separating the Processing and the Organizing steps. It keeps the structure more well-defined and helps me not to keep the organizing in my head all the time. I am going to try to combine the Collecting and Processing steps whenever feasible to help save time. I would need to get to the Processing at least once a day. Organizing is where I would need to spend more time and do it well. For me, that is they key because my days are always so full. I need to figure out what needs my attention immediately, what can be delayed a little, and what I can put away for a little longer. The weekly Review is my weak point. I am planning to set aside some time every Friday to work on that. Hopefully, it will help me not to panic on Sunday night. After that, of course, the Do step comes. If the steps leading to this one is done in a timely fashion and according to schedule, the Do should work out pretty smoothly.
I do think that this process will help me. I work much more efficiently when I know where to go and look for my tasks. I am also constantly looking for ways to not keep schedules and plans in my head all the time. I plan to try this out and may adjust it a little to suit my need. This is something that I have been looking for.
The process is very helpful when you are a busy person! It is essential when taking an online course and trying to keep up.
ReplyDelete